EMCO Wheaton’s Data Plus is an electronic pump metering system that uses sophisticated control technology alongside proven engineered components that are fitted onto a tanker vehicle’s manifold.
Working together, these parts offer users a simple, safe and accurate method of fuel metering and delivery.
The Data Plus fuel metering system is made up of several components. These include a lightweight aluminium pneumatically actuated manifold assembly with a gas extractor, entrained air detectors, electronic counter/control unit, meter, pump, printer and product transfer system.
The system’s gas separator is ready installed onto the manifold, saving space and weight. It also features an optional product return process and interlocked guard bar for safety when travelling between deliveries. Delivery is initiated by the counter, which receives signals from a pulser unit connected directly to the meter. Once a compartment is selected, product is drawn via the manifold which has contamination prevented by pneumatic interlocking.
Data Plus automatically transfers delivery information, such as date, time, product and quantity values back to a remote server via GPRS in real time. Once received this information can be used to confirm correct delivery has been made. It also speeds up the customer invoicing process and creates a complete audit trail.
The system is fully approved by the National Weights and Measures Laboratory and comes pre-assembled for simple, hassle-free installation. Key functions include:
• Compartment Volume Monitoring – Load details are entered into the counter and the system will then display each compartments’ contents. Volumes and any retained product are recalculated throughout delivery for total accuracy.
• Temperature Compensation – The system applies a correction to account for the product volume differences when temperature fluctuates.
• Wet Leg Sensors – These are mounted on each API valve and linked to the compartment monitoring system. They confirm to operators that tanks are completely empty before reloading commences.
• Drive-Away Protection – Driver code is required to release the breaks once the metering system has been energised.
• Guard Bar Surveillance – Data Plus records the time and location whenever the guard bar is operated.
This system is fitted onto tank trucks and is often used for heating fuel deliveries.
However, the Data Plus is also used to deliver to diesel to fueling stations on farms and off-road sites, such as mines.
This product is designed for long-term service and will keep data in correct specification.
However, if you need support with maintenance and/ or calibration, our team is on hand to support with any changes.
ABOUT EMCO WHEATON
For more than 100 years, Emco Wheaton has provided premium fluid transfer systems that are engineered t omeet and exceed the growing demands of our customers across a range of on- and off-shore industries; including gas, chemical, aviation, storage and transportation. We take pride in servicing a global customer base by offering a range of market leading loading and fuel systems that have been engineered using extensive experience, expertise, and a culture of innovation. Backed by our first class service and support, only Emco Wheaton can provide our customers with the quality, safety, and peace of mind needed to help them drive their operations into the future.